The printing is carried out using monochromatic plates (one plate for each colour to be printed), e.g., in the case of photochromy, the CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow Black) colour model would follow. That is, four-colour.
In addition, a fifth colour must be taken into account: the white paper.
By using these colours almost any colour can be reproduced with the exception of metallic colours (gold, silver) and fluorescent colours or those that are outside the range of the CMYK model. These colours can be applied using an additional plate and an amount of flat ink corresponding to the desired colour (PANTONE).
- High print quality, clearer and more defined than other printing systems.
- Possibility of printing on a huge amount of cellulose media.
- Fast and easy production plates.
- Long duration of the plates.
- High print speeds
- In large runs the unit price is markedly lower than in any other system.